Wednesday, 8 October 2014

College magazine




These are my front cover and my contents page for my magazine. I used photoshop to create my front cover and InDesign to create my contents page I have realised that my skills have increased and have become better from the first time i used it.

4 comments:

  1. I think your front cover and contents page are really well done as you have just enough information on them and not too much to make it overwhelming. Having said that I think there are some things that could do with some improvement. For example the colour scheme of your magazine I don't think it has be quite consistent from throughout and neither has the fonts. Changing the fonts and colours can make your magazine seem disorganized and make it seem like there's more going on in your magazine than there actually is and this could make people not want to read your magazine. In addition to this I feel as though there is nothing on the front cover that instantly catches my attention when really this shouldn't be the case. To fix this you could have made the cover line bigger and bolder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cover is professional and kept it simple, however you could improve the layout of the pull quotes by making them bigger. (check mine as an example)
    Your contents page also is simple so try to have a sort of backgrounds to make it more exciting (same for the cover) also make sure you have segmented parts in contents. (e.g. regulars, features, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you've stuck to a clear structure and the bright orange background helps your cover star and headlines stand out. However you could've enlarged the font sizes of the headlines and used a skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The college magazine that you have produced is very good. I like the layout of your masthead and text. The image is of high standard and relevant to what your text says making it look professional. The banner at the bottom entices the reader, additionally the layout is easy for the eye. The cover of your magazine contains all the right
    conventions of a right magazine. An improvement can be making the text bigger filling in the page more.
    The contents page is very clear and again your layout is easy for the eye. The images are relevant and eye catching too. An improvement can be to have a background image instead of a white background.
    Overall your college magazine is very professional and great quality, very few errors :)

    ReplyDelete